The top is made from Zone3’s Sensory Fabric which is effective in a number of ways:
1. The fabric is extremely smooth and soft to touch meaning it feels fantastic next to the skin, exactly what you would want for such a long event.
2. It is also highly breathable and sweat wicking for optimum temperature control. In warmer conditions the fabric will work to keep you cool, especially when wet. In cooler conditions, it works to maintain body warmth whilst still ensuring aerodynamics.
3. We would recommend the Lava Tri Top for hot conditions, the Aero Top for temperate or changeable conditions and a combination of the Lava Tri suit or Tri Top with the Aero Top as the outer layer for cool conditions.
4. The fabric offers 360o stretch for total freedom of movement and comfort.
5. The optical white colour helps reflect the suns heat and offers high UPF protection.
1. The fit is designed to keep the body as aerodynamic as possible. The panel design uses minimal amount of seams and the front is higher and the back is lower, allowing for optimum comfort and coverage when in the aero position. The tight fit makes it suitable to be worn underneath the wetsuit during a swim, otherwise we would recommend putting it on in T1 if it is a non-wetsuit swim.
2. Nutrition storage is maximised with big pockets on the back to stock up on nutrition and make it easy to access whilst on the bike or run.
3. A full front zipper allows extra airflow and ventilation if required.
Designed to go with the Lava Tri Shorts, this set will get you from the start to finish in the best time possible and help control your body temperature at the same time.